Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Bedroom

This is an addition that I made to our bedroom several months ago and have been meaning to post. I was reading a wonderful book my sister-in-law gave me for Christmas "The Catholic Home" and I read about having an alter in your home. Oh, that brought back memories of my mother and the alter I remember her having in our living room(which my dad still has). It has a two foot statue of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (that my mom got from her mom), a smaller statue of Mary and beautiful crucifix. My dad would take walks in the morning and bring a rose from one of the neighbors yard to place in a vase on the alter. I just loved that tradition and thought it would be a wonderful addition to our bedroom.

I placed a statue of Joseph holding baby Jesus that my brother Fr. Ed gave us when we purchased our home and he came and blessed it for us. Also a statue of Mary I got in Rome. On the dresser I have a bible, a prayer journal, prayer books that I like, my rosary box that Fr. Ed brought me from the Holy Land and a bottle of holy water. Everything I need right in front of me to look at and to remind me of my duties to pray and to be the devoted Catholic everyday. I love my prayer journal, everytime someone needs a prayer I write it down in my jounal that way I remember to pray for that person(s) or thing. And I can look back and see how God may have or in what way he answered my prayers. (also a tip from Fr. Ed)

This is our new comforter set I got a few days ago, I have been looking for over a year for a new one. I love it and so does Ryan. As you can see so does our-Sara Dog!!

No comments: