Friday, May 23, 2008

Our Pretty Backyard


A few weeks ago we wanted to plant some small bushes under the window in a planter box. Usually we plant annuals there but we decided we wanted something year round. Well the small bushes were planted and we also decided to bark. We loved it so much that we decided to do the whole back yard in bark.



It was a little bit of a production. We could only fit so many bags of bark, plants and trees in our van at one time, it took several trips to Lowe's and HomeDepot. We finished with planting 4 small Peony bushes under the window, 2 Friesland Salvia by the shed, 2 roses bushes over by the patio funiture and 2 bamboo trees along the same wall outside the sunroom window.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks great! I'm so jealous. But we DID buy some more grass seed at Lowes a couple nights ago and Darren promises me he'll work on the yards this weekend. We'll see! ;)

I want to make the backyard my new hobby. I'm on a mission to rid the lawn of ALL WEEDS (a never ending battle) and then I'd like to plant a beautiful Mary garden, maybe in the corner of our yard where we can see it through the dining room window. I heard about this Pope John Paul II Hybrid Tea Rose last year and I really want to plant at least one of those, along with an Our Lady of Guadalupe rose bush. I found this article which also talks about different symbolic plants for a Mary garden. I think this statue is really pretty, but oh my gosh...so expensive!!! It may be a while before I actually HAVE my Mary garden!

Seeing your yard made me really miss you guys all over again, I was so sad when you left! Wish we could all be playing together in your beautiful backyard! Hug those kiddos for me!