Last Thursday morning I discovered this little baby bird in our front porch. It obviously got blown out of its nest from the high winds the night before or it fell out. But it was so cute. I watched it all morning, waiting for his mommy to come and take care of him. But no mommy came, by afternoon I tried to give it some bread crumbs then bird seed. No luck. When Ryan got home from work he said that the mommy was in the porch with the baby. YEAH!!! The next morning we left for Las Cruces and Ryan said "Don't expect that bird to be alive when we get back, with all the cat's in the neighborhood and all I don't think he'll survive the weekend." I was not to optimistic either, he was looking a little lethargic and I didn't think he would make it.
To my suprise on Sunday afternoon when we got home there he was. YEAH!!! I was so happy
So I have been feeding the mommy and baby bird seed each morning and he seems to be getting bigger and stronger. The kids decided we needed to name our little friend. "Feathers" is what we all came up with. He sleeps in our porch at night and mommy comes to visit several times a day. Feathers gets so excited when his mommy comes. Ryan is even getting a little attached too.
Mommy stays for several hours and watches over her baby. The kids check on him though out the day to make sure he is still there. We have watched him try to fly away but he just can't quite get it yet. I told the kids that pretty soon he is going to learn to fly and then he will fly away with his mommy. Boo Hoo :(
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
"Feathers"
Posted by
Jennifer
at
9:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
YAY!!! HE MADE IT!!!!
You have just made me so very happy. I know you were so upset about the sad outcome you might discover when you returned home. I am SO GLAD Feathers is alive and well! :)
Post a Comment