Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our Garden. We have Veggies!!!


In June we began working on a project on the south side of our house. We made a cement step into our garden area. Then I wanted a garden but I thought above ground garden beds would be the way to go. So we finished our garden area by placing a sand box for the kids in the middle of the two garden beds. Finally we rocked the area and added a statue of St. Frances a few hedgehog statues and an angel to watch over our garden.

We loved it when we were finished. We wondered why we didn't do this earlier. This picture was taken a few weeks ago. All that we planted were growing well. We have Watermelon, Cantalope, Butternut and Zuchinni Squash, Pumpkins and a Cherry and Pear Tomatoe. And Emily wanted to have a few Sunflowers.

Today we have picked our first veggies from our garden. Matthew is holding a Zucchini Squash and Emily has her favorite a Cucumber! We will have them with our burgers tonight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such cute kids! I'll bet those veggies and melons taste delicious!