Well we have begun the "hopefully" final room re-do in our house and it only took us almost 6 years to do it. If we would have know the amount of work that was in store for us, we may have just left it the way it was. We could have lived with the hideous wall paper and the very drab waynes coating......NOT!
I decided it was time to start the prep work last Wednesday night so that I could paint by Saturday morning. Well....let me just tell you I may not be painting for at least two more Saturdays. Taking down the wall paper alone took three days. And after removing the waynes coating and learning that the previous owners put it on with Liquid Nail, we now have about a 6 step process to prepair the walls before we can even paint. Uh...frustrating. I wanted it done last Saturday.
So we have been working as much as possible to get it ready to paint soon. Make sure you check back for pictures of the finished room.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Dining Room
Posted by
Jennifer
at
2:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
OH. MY. GOODNESS. Guys!!! I cannot believe all that work!!! Ugh. I don't envy you at all! But I'm sure I will when it's all done. :)
P.S. The second to last picture cracked me up. I know Ryan's scraping, but at first glance it looked as though he had called it quits and decided to take a nap!
Oh, and P.S. again: I love to see Emily helping! I still remember how much I loved helping my mom scrape the wallpaper off our kitchen walls when I was like--what, Ry? 7, maybe?--and I'm sure Emily feels like such a big helper! So cute!
Post a Comment